TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Registration – You can complete the online course application form to register a course. A non-refundable application fee is required for each student. Student will be required to take an entrance assessment. The fee of the entrance assessment is non-refundable. Course recommendation and places will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment and entrance assessment has been taken place.
- Instructor and learning materials: “Mandarin Connection Ltd.” will provide one instructor per class. Students are required to purchase learning materials recommended by course instructor that will include: text, audio-tapes and supplementary teaching aids. “Mandarin Connection” reserves the right to revise or change the lesson schedule, classrooms and replacement of instructor.
- Course Fees: 100% of total course fees must be paid on or before the starting date of the course. Tuition Fees will be charged based on number of lessons in the module. Minimum 1.5 hours per lesson. Full tuition fee will be charged even if student request to have lesson less than 1.5 hours. Course fees paid are not refundable or transferable to another person and may not be transferred for other purposes. Receipts are available upon request and will be sent by email.
- Class scheduling: Lesson will be provided at the dates, times and location as specified in the class schedule. Students who are late or absent for class cannot claim their missed class time and are considered to have giving up those lessons. No makeup class will be arranged for any absented class of individual student.
- Course Transferal: Once admitted to a course, participants may not change to another course without valid reasons and prior approval from Mandarin Connection. Fees and places on courses are not transferable from one enrolee to another.
- Holidays & Typhoon and Rainstorm Arrangement – There will be no class for all Public Holidays in Hong Kong. Typhoon and Rainstorm Arrangement:
|When Typhoon No. 1 or .3 or Amber or Red Rainstorm Signal is issued:||
|When Typhoon No. 8/Black Rainstorm or Higher Signal is issued:||
|When the typhoon signal returns to No. 3 or lower:||
- Guarantee: “Mandarin Connection Limited” does not guarantee that the client will achieve any level of language proficiency upon completion of the course. The client hereby waives any right to claim for reimbursement of any tuition payable to “Mandarin Connection Limited” “Mandarin Connection Limited” shall only be obligated to provide tuition at the dates, times and location agreed with the client under this Policy.
- Course Cancellation | Change of Course Specification: i) “Mandarin Connection Limited” reserves the right to cancel a course or transfer students to another class at similar level before or after the course commences if there is insufficient number of applications. “Mandarin Connection Limited” also reserve the right to shorten the lesson duration before or after course commence if there is insufficient enrollment. All students affected will be given notice of any such changes. ii) If there is no suitable class can be arranged, in consultation with students, students may be a) placed on the waiting list , b) transferred the course fee paid amount to one on one lesson, c) applied for a refund, refund will be made via bank transfer after all necessary bank information are received. iii) If we consider a student to be unsuitably placed, we reserve the right to withdraw the student and issue a refund for remaining course with you or arrange placement in a more suitable group. iv) Refunds or credit notes cannot be made in any event once courses have started.
- Requests to withdraw a course due to personal reason should be made in writing and will be subject to an administration fee. Notice is to be given 14 days in advance of the first day of course. In all cases, the outstanding balance will be transferred to your bank account within 5 weeks after receiving the written request. Withdraw of a course with less than 14 days notice in advance of the first day of course will not be accepted.
- Statement of Attendance – Student can apply for a Statement of Attendance at a cost of HK$100 each if they have attended no less than 75% of the classes. Students can apply for the Statement of Attendance in written within 1 year application period from the date of successful completion of the course with a cheque payable to “Mandarin Connection Limited” by post. The Statement of Attendance will take about 4 weeks to proceed, and it will be posted or email to the student.
- Copyrights – Materials used in connection with the course are protected by copyright law. Materials are only for the use of students enrolled in the course, for purposes associated with the course, and may not be retained for longer than the class term, and should not be shared, distributed, or sold in print—or digitally—outside the course without permission. Materials may include, but are not limited to: textbooks, notes, handout, documents, slides, images, audio, and video. Unauthorized retention, duplication, distribution, sharing, or modification of copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited by law.
- Visual and Audio Recording – Audio recording, video recording and photography of course activities and materials are not permitted, except with the prior permission of MC.
- Promotion and training – Completion of the application form implies consent to the use of photographs, video and sound recordings in courses and workshops for staff training, quality assurance, marketing and promotional purposes in print, media and online. If you do not consent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before completing the form.
- Privacy and Personal Data – We collect, process, disclose, retain or use your Personal Data in accordance with our Privacy Statement which can be found at ifcmandarin.com (details) If you would like to opt-out of additional marketing information please contact us on email@example.com
- “Mandarin Connection Limited” reserves the right to make any alterations about the terms and conditions without prior notice.
GENERAL CLASSROOM REGULATIONS
- Sign off Attendance – Students please register their attendance in each lesson by signing their names on the attendance sheet.
- Smoking, eating, drinking, Audiotaping, videotaping and photography along with disturbances is not permitted during classes, except with the prior permission of “Mandarin Connection Limited”.
- Students are responsible for any damage they do classroom equipments, including but not limited to whiteboards, benches, chairs, carpet and audio equipment.
- “Mandarin Connection” is not liable for any students’ or visitors’’ loss or stolen property.