“Elon Musk Backs Out Of Twitter Deal” Test your Business Chinese Skills! Watch this video and see how much you can understand!
Stay with us. We will be sharing selective business Chinese news from time to time.
The Benefits of Using the News to Learn a Business Chinese Language
Reading news is a excellent language tools for business Chinese Language learners for many reasons.
- The news is a never-ending resource. Most news sites are updated throughout the day. TV news runs around the clock. And so do talk radio stations. You’ll never run out of fresh content, which you can continually use to build upon your learning.
- Journalists are required to write in a standardised way. With the news there’s no slang or colloquialisms. You get the topics of the day, delivered straight, in language you can easily understand.
- TV news is read in standard dialect. This is particularly important for beginners, who need to know they’re learning the correct form of the language.
- Anchors and journalists tend to enunciate clearly, which is ideal for both beginners and intermediate students. Similarly, print news tends to be well-written, with appropriate and correct use of grammar.
- The news enriches your mind culturally. As you learn the language, you’re also learning important details about the countries in which the language is spoken. From current affairs, to entertainment, economy and sport, your knowledge of this particular culture is only going to broaden.
- As news is available via many resources, you can use it to strengthen your reading, listening and speaking skills. That’s a triple win.
- The news is easily accessible. Thanks to the Internet, you can access the news from wherever you are, in whichever country of your choice. All it takes is a few clicks of your mouse and you have hours of language learning material at your disposal.
How Will You Use the News in Your Language Learning?
Remember to approach the news as you would any other language learning resource. It can be an exceptionally handy tool for study, as long as that is exactly what you do: take the time and effort to study these resources.
Don’t lose heart and don’t give up. As your knowledge of the language grows, your ability to understand what is being said will develop with it. And you’ll become even more informed about this world we inhabit along the way.
Gearing up for increased business relations with China and other Chinese speaking region, it’s never too early to start learning!
Founded in Hong Kong, Mandarin Connection has become one of the designated corporate language training provider for well-known international companies and organizations since 1995. Led by trainers from Beijing Foreign Language University.
+852 2540 2117